1 (about 4 lb/1.8 kg) boneless, skinless rolled or whole turkey breast
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp sweet paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
½-1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ cup water or chicken broth
Strawberry Pineapple Salsa:
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 can (14 oz/397 g) whole cranberry sauce
1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
Coat a large, heavy roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
1. Place turkey breast into prepared pan. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub oil and seasonings into turkey on all sides. (If you have time, marinate it, covered, in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.)
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour water into the bottom of the roasting pan, being careful not to drizzle it over the seasoned turkey. Cover pan loosely with foil.
3. Roast turkey, covered, for 1½ hours. Uncover and roast 30 minutes longer, basting occasionally. Calculate 25-30 minutes per pound to determine total cooking time.
4. Salsa: Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, combine strawberries, cranberry sauce, and pineapple; stir to combine. Cover; refrigerate.
5. Remove turkey breast from oven and let stand, covered, for 15-20 minutes for easier slicing. Slice turkey about ½-inch thick (an electric knife makes it easier).
6. Transfer slices to a serving platter. Pour hot pan juices over turkey; serve salsa on the side.
Variation: Use 1 can (14 oz/397 g) pineapple tidbits, well drained, instead of fresh.
Test for Doneness: A meat thermometer inserted into the roasted turkey breast should register an internal temperature of 165-170°F.
Reproduced from Silver Platter Simple Elegance by Daniella Silver with Norene Gilletz with permission from the copyright holders ArtScroll/Mesorah Publications, LTD.