1. Preheat oven to 175 Celsius or 350 F.
2. Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix to combine.
4. Add flour and salt, and mix until the dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl.
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out until 4-5 mm thickness, and cut out 3 inch circles with a cookie cutter.
6. Pipe 1 teaspoon of filling into the center of each circle, and fold up the edges in a triangle shape. Pinch the edges.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges and underside are golden.
8. Let cool completely, and sprinkle with powdered sugar, or drizzle with chocolate and decorate with crushed pistachios
This recipe originally appeared on ISRAEL21c.