1 London broil
(about 2 lb/1 kg)
freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tsp)
¼ cup grainy Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp fresh thyme or tarragon leaves
1. Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper, and garlic. Rub to coat on all sides.
2. Preheat broiler. Spray broiling rack with nonstick spray; line bottom tray with foil.
3. In a small bowl, combine Dijon mustard with maple syrup and thyme. Set aside.
4. Broil meat for 8 minutes on the first side. Remove pan from oven; turn meat over. Spread with Dijon mixture.
5. Return meat to oven; broil for an additional 7-8 minutes, or until meat reaches desired doneness. (For medium, cook to an internal temperature of 145°F.)
6. Let meat rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain, on the diagonal, into thin slices. Serve hot or at room temperature.
You Go Grill! To use an indoor or outdoor barbeque, spread meat on both sides with mustard mixture. Marinate for 30 minutes while grill is preheating. Grill meat for 7-8 minutes per side.
Leftovers? Add to your favorite salad the next day or make sandwiches on crusty rolls with leafy salad greens, sliced tomatoes, and onions.
Reproduced from Silver Platter Simple Elegance by Daniella Silver with Norene Gilletz with permission from the copyright holders ArtScroll/Mesorah Publications, LTD.