- Boil water and sugar until completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature and add rose extract.
- Boil a pot of water and put in vermicelli. It will be cooked in less than one minute. Rinse with cold water.
- Transfer sugar syrup to a large shallow Pyrex dish. For every cup of syrup add 1 heaping tbsp of cooked vermicelli. Cover with cling wrap and freeze. Save remaining vermicelli in fridge.
- To serve, pour a few tbsp of boiling water on edge of ice-vermicelli block and crush with a fork so you have sorbet (this may also be done in food processor on pulse.) Put in a lowball glass, add more chopped cooked vermicelli on top, flavor with a dash of lime juice and garnish with red secret sauce.
To make Persian Red Secret Sauce:
- Buy commercial raspberry sauce.
- Put on Falloudeh.
- Say it is your late grandma's recipe.