1. Preheat your oven to 325°F.
2. For the base, in a large bowl, mix the butter, graham cracker crumbs, and salt. Transfer the mixture to a 9- x 13-inch baking pan and spread it out evenly. Pack the base down tightly!
3. For the topping, evenly spread 1/2 cup coconut over the base. Follow with all of the chocolate chips, pecans, and salt. Finish by sprinkling the remainder of the coconut overtop.
4. Slowly and evenly, pour the two cans of condensed milk all over, making sure you get every last drop out.
5. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then rotate the dish and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until the top is golden and bubbling.
6. Let cool fully before slicing into 12 bars and serving.
Excerpted from The Last Schmaltz: A Very Serious Cookbook by Anthony Rose and Chris Johns. Copyright © 2018 Anthony Rose and Chris Johns. Photography by Kayla Rocca. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Click for more recipes from Anthony Rose and Chris Johns.