Get Groceries Delivered to Your Door with These Helpful Services
While grocery stores are one of the few places people are allowed to go during this COVID-19 pandemic, going food shopping may not be safe for everyone. Even if you can venture out to the grocery store, food safety concerns caused by the coronavirus make grocery shopping a huge hassle. This raises the question: What’s the best way to get your regular food supplies?
One excellent way to ensure social distancing and avoid physical contact without giving up your favorite food items is to use a tool from this list of online grocery services: top10.com/online-grocery-services.
Why Use Online Grocery Delivery Services?
Despite a few logistical hurdles, grocery delivery services will make it safer and more convenient to access food supplies. Using a delivery service may also help you to stick to a healthy diet routine while you stay home. If you’re on the fence about signing up to service, take the following benefits into consideration:
- Help people with Injuries or in Self-isolation– Grocery delivery services offer excellent solutions for anyone who has recently suffered an injury or is under self-quarantine during the current global crisis. These services will allow these individuals to maintain social distancing and thus reduce the spread of the pandemic.
- Save Time by Avoiding the Grocery Store– Grocery delivery services can save you time, almost an hour per day on average, traveling to the store and shopping.
- Shop for the Elderly and Other Highly-vulnerable People Easily– As people age, going to the store becomes more of a burden. The delivery service makes it significantly easier for them to get a balanced diet and keep their pantry stocked.
- Make Shopping Simple for people with Kids– Bringing your kids to the grocery store can be overwhelming, making an already exhausting chore even more demanding. With a delivery service, you won’t have to worry about dragging your children along with you or hiring someone to look after them as you shop.
How Do Grocery Delivery Services Work?
Groceries are obviously perishable and temperature-sensitive, so they can’t be stored in warehouses or be shipped by standard, non-refrigerated Federal Express or postal service vans. Instead, online grocery services are offered through individual shoppers or via special delivery trucks.
Keep in mind that farm produce and dairy products shouldn’t be left on your front porch for hours like regular packages. Also, some services only accept orders for delivery a maximum of two days ahead, so be sure to plan your cooking needs in advance.
How Do I Get Started and Place an Order?
It’s easy to sign up and get started with grocery delivery services. Here are the steps you can take:
First, choose a grocery delivery service. Some services are tied directly to a single grocery store while others deliver groceries from several stores.
Next, sign up on your smartphone or computer. Most grocery delivery services have mobile apps that make the ordering process even easier. Some standard details required when signing up include your name, address, phone number, email address, and payment information.
Then, choose the items you need. From dairy products to vegetables and fruits, be sure to indicate quantities and note any particular preferences. Each delivery service will post prices of every item so you can compare brands and costs.
Lastly, submit your list. Once you submit your order, you’ll receive a text message or an email confirming your order as well as the arrival time.
Things to Consider When Choosing Grocery Delivery Service
As grocery delivery services grow in popularity, more and more companies will enter the market. With so many options, how do you determine if a service is right for you? Consider the following factors:
- Free Trials and Discounts– Before you sign up for a membership or pay an annual fee for a particular delivery service, check if they offer free trial services and seasonal discounts.
Some services offer free trials, ranging from two to four weeks. Also, use the service’s app to search for promotions and apply them to your delivery.
- Pricing System– There are many ways online delivery services sneak in extra fees and charges, so make sure you visit their official websites and figure out what their bottom-line costs are.
Does the service charge a monthly or annual fee? Do they take a fee onto each item? Are their prices the same as if you were buying the groceries yourself, in the store?
Choose a delivery service that makes it easy for you to understand what you’re paying for in terms of products and service fees.
- Reputation– Order items from a delivery service with a high rating for its fresh produce. You can seek redress if you’re not satisfied. You should also check out customer reviews on the service’s website to know what other shoppers are saying about the services offered.
- Refunds and Other Customer Services– Your order has been delivered, for instance, and you received 10 Granny Smith apples instead of Fuji apples. If a mistake happens, where it wasn’t your fault, you need to know whether a particular service has policies to correct the errors.
Grocery delivery services shop for you, so you don’t have to go to the store, and deliver food at your doorstep. They offer convenient ways to maintain social distancing, save time, and help people who can’t shop on their own.